Chelsea manager Antonio Conte felt the 3-0 defeat in Barcelona which ended his side’s involvement in the Champions League was “unfair”.
Two goals from Lionel Messi plus one from Ousmane Dembele – his first in a Barca shirt – helped the Spanish giants to a 4-1 aggregate victory.
Defeat damages Chelsea’s chances of Champions League football next season, with Conte’s side now needing a top-four finish in the Premier League.
“We have no regrets,” he said.
“If you watch the game, you can see the final result is unfair.”
Conte acknowledged Messi – who also scored in the first leg – had been “the difference” between the sides.
The Argentina striker’s second goal in the Nou Camp took him to 100 in the Champions League.
While Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo holds the record with 117, Messi reached three figures in 14 games fewer.
“We are talking about the best player in the world,” said Conte.
“He scores 60 goals every season – he is a super top player. Barcelona were
|This season’s Champions League quarter-finalists are: Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Liverpool, Manchester City, Real Madrid, Roma and Sevilla.|
|The draw will take place in Nyon, Switzerland at 11:00 GMT on Friday – and you can follow it live on the BBC Sport website and app.|
Chelsea led for 13 minutes of the first leg and hit the woodwork four times over the two matches.
N’Golo Kante and Marcos Alonso both went close in the Nou Camp, before Antonio Rudiger headed against the bar in the closing moments.
The Blues also had appeals for a penalty waved away when Alonso went down inside the area under a challenge from Gerard Pique.
“We didn’t deserve to lose 3-0,” said Conte. “We were a bit unlucky.
“I think we created many chances but we didn’t take them.
“I must be very proud about my players – they gave everything and we have to continue in this way, with this will to fight and desire to fight together.”Antonio Conte: Chelsea boss says 3-0 defeat in Barcelona ‘unfair’ – BBC Sport