A Manchester United and FC Barcelona transfer target has reportedly missed four days of training with Chelsea due to a bizarre circumstance, and his club is not convinced he is telling the truth about it.
According to The Sun, Brazil international Willian has blamed his no-show for pre-season so far on passport problems, saying he has had to wait three days to get things sorted out.
It has been claimed the winger’s passport did not have any empty pages in it, and that he knew he would not be allowed to enter England without at least three blank pages, as required when travelling abroad, as a result.
However, Chelsea are unconvinced with the player’s excuse, and are said to be concerned he may be trying to follow the same path as former Blues striker Diego Costa, who forced a move to Atletico Madrid last September.
WIllian was due back at the Blues’ Cobham training base last Friday after he was given extra time off following Brazil’s 2018 FIFA World Cup campaign.
Reports suggest that the Stamford Bridge club has rejected numerous bids for the 29-year-old in the past few weeks, with the latest said to be a £70 million (R1.21 billion) offer from the Blaugrana.